To enroll in the Tec 40 CCR Instructor Training course, an individual must:
- Be a renewed PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer (or a PADI Instructor with a higher rating).
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor.
- Be a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor.
- Be certified as a Tec 40 CCR Diver on the specific Type T CCR for which the candidate is qualifying, or have a qualifying certification from another training organization. Instructors meeting this requirement with a qualifying
certification from other training organizations must read the Tec 40 CCR Diver Manual and complete the Knowledge Reviews prior to the Tec 40 CCR Instructor Training course.
- Have a minimum of 150 logged dives, with at least 100 dives and 100 hours on the specific Type T CCR for which the instructor is qualifying as a Tec 40 CCR Instructor.
- Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months.
Instructor candidates must have, in their possession, a personal, current set of the following materials to study with and use during the course and for reference afterward:
• Tec 40 CCR Diver Instructor Guide in a language the candidate understands
• All the materials required for Tec 40 CCR Diver, as listed in the Tec 40 CCR Diver Instructor Guide,
• Tec 40 CCR Diver Exams and answer sheets
- Candidates attend four Instructor Trainer-led curriculum presentations and two in water staff demonstrations:
- Introduction and Course Overview (Instructor Trainer Presentation)
- Tec 40 CCR Courses (Instructor Trainer Presentation)
- How to Teach CCR Courses (Instructor Trainer Presentation)
- Marketing Tec CCR Courses (Instructor Trainer-led Workshop)
- Confined Water Role Model Tec 40 CCR Teaching Skills (Instructor Trainer Demonstration)
- Open Water Role Model Rescue Demonstration (Instructor Trainer Demonstration)
- Candidates gives at least two confined water teaching presentations, two practical application presentations, two knowledge development presentations, and one open water teaching presentation integrating two skills.
- Prior to certification, candidates must give at least one presentation in each of the following areas, earning the following scores or higher:
- Knowledge development – 3.5
- Confined water – 3.4
- Open water – 3.4
- Demonstrate mastery of knowledge development by earning a score of 80 percent or higher on the Tec 40 CCR Instructor Exam. Candidates must review all items missed until they demonstrate mastery of those items.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively brief, coach, debrief and assess student learning in the practical application sessions.
- Perform all CCR skills in the Waterskills Evaluation as appropriate for the specific unit, scoring no less that a 3 on any skill, with at least 50 percent of skills scored at a 4 or higher.
- Successfully complete the Tec CCR Diver Rescue Workshop.