- Gives a fuller understanding of the applications of EANx in recreational diving.
- Provides a thorough grounding in deep diving theory and technique.
- Is an entry level Technical Diving program introducing the discipline involved in Technical Dive planning and certifying the diver to make dives beyond recreational No-decompression limits
- Is a prerequisite to Fully Closed Circuit Rebreather training.
- Is a prerequisite for IANTD Technical Diver and Normoxic Trimix Diver Training.
- Must be an Advanced Open Water Diver and Nitrox certified.
- Must be an IANTD Deep Diver or equivalent..
- Equivalency is defined as an Advanced Open Water Diver with 50 logged dives, ten deeper than 27m/90, and must pass the Deep Diver exam as a pre -assessment.
Program Content and Limits
- Max. Depth 42m/140ft
- Two hours of confined water working specifically with skills, emergency procedures, etc.
- A confined water session is spent working on buoyancy refinement, propulsion skills, body position/trim, and emergency skills such as gas share
- Four boat dives, with a minimum of 120 minutes of bottom time, at least two of which must be between 30m\100ft and 42m/140ft.
- All dives made on EAN 22-40.
- EAN 41-100 used to teach the fundamentals of safety\decompression stops. All simulated or real stops will be on EAN 41-100.
- Decompression will be limited to a maximum of fifteen minutes
Academic presentations will include
- Review of Basic EANx.
- Equipment concepts and configuration.
- Stress management.
- DCS and Decompression theory.
- Oxygen use and abuse.
- Gas management.
- Nitrogen narcosis.
- Injury management
Note: This is one of two options for entry into Technical Diving, the other being Advanced Recreational Trimix
Duration 4 Days